Wednesday 17 September 2014

stillness

this week so far i seem to be in a pocket of stillness..
there is definitely less crying, less moments of feeling utter devastation...
i am taking this as a positive, as a tiny step forward in to my as yet unknown future...

i have no idea if this change is because of time passing, the arrival of Autumn {yay} or that i am just more settled?
what ever it is i am soaking up the calmness just in case the storm returns and i am thrown overboard again...

i am certainly making more, enjoying my long spells at my tiny work table immensely and i am looking forward to getting out more with the dogs just as soon as my car returns from the garage

i need lots of walks in the forest to soak up the last of the light before hunkering down for winter
i need to collect acorns, twigs and leaves - surround myself with the familiar....

next week the plan is to choose fabric, patterns and notions ready for a spell of dress making
to find a supply of affordable wool and line up a few patterns to see me through winter

i feel i will need lots and lots of distractions as i know i will be sitting here worrying every single long winter day about all my far away animals and how they are coping ...
i do not like being away from them. not one bit.

1 comment:

  1. A ray of sunshine in the shape of making things seems to have entered your life, I'm so pleased for you. x

    ReplyDelete